Creating sensory storytime experiences
28 February 2024 | 10.00am-12.00pm | Online
Enhance your ability to connect with families and captivate audiences through effective storytelling techniques.
Stories help families connect and provide space to talk and listen to each other. They provide a foundation for practitioners and curators to explore subjects, understand spaces and draw audiences.
This workshop focuses on developing skills in engaging family members in storytelling activities, fostering stronger bonds within the family unit while honing the art of storytelling to create memorable experiences for all participants.
Attendees will be able to:??
- the tools to bring your stories to life by delivering sensory experiences
- ideas on how to maximise sessions so they link with your other curriculum areas such as STEM or collections or community projects
- a framework to enable you to hook, share, and engage families
- recommendations on how to build storytelling confidence in parents (as well as boosting yours too!)
- opportunities to bring ideas, ask questions and network with others
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is ideal for family learning professionals and colleagues working with families to support learning including those who work in:
- adult and community education
- arts organisations
- early years
- further education
- health settings
- heritage venues
- local authorities
- museums and galleries
This online workshop will be delivered by Stacy Mann, Senior Adviser for Families, Early Years and Childcare at Campaign for Learning.
Early Bird £50+VAT (until 14 February 2024)
Standard Ticket £60+VAT (15 February 2024 onwards)
National Centre for Family Learning members - 10% discount applied to earlybird and standard tickets when you book. You can join the Centre for free.
Please note if you already have an account on the Campaign for Learning's website, you will need to email us on [email protected] to be activated as a member of the National Centre for Family Learning.
How to book
Please sign in or register below to book