Family Learning Festival: Inspiring Curiosity with Families
Join us to plan your Family Learning Festival activities!
Family Learning Festival brings families, communities, and organisations together to celebrate learning. This year's festival will run from 15 - 30 October 2022. Your organisation is invited to mark it with creative, informal and fun learning activities that bring the family generations together to learn with and from each other.
Participating organisations report a wide range of benefits from taking part in the Festival. Our last large-scale evaluation showed:
- 96% of organisations indicated they would get involved in Family Learning Festival again.
- 79% of Family Learning Festival organisers reached new audiences as a result of their activities.
- 73% of organisers ran events that were attended by disadvantaged families or families at risk of social exclusion.
This year's theme aims to inspire a love of shared learning through curiosity. Curiosity is a strong and natural desire to know about something. It is an intrinsic, instinctual, and essential part of life. It is linked to all areas of human development that involve learning, skill development or knowledge acquisition.
The workshop will provide you with:
- an overview of the benefits of taking part in Family Learning Festival
- family and community learning resources
- event organiser resources, including a planning guide, images and marketing assets
- activity ideas on the theme of Inspiring Curiosity
- opportunity to network with other professionals working with children, young people and families in venues and communities.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is ideal if you engage with families in:
- Adult and community learning
- Arts organisations
- Community settings
- Health settings
- Heritage settings
- Local authorities
- Museums & galleries
- Nursery or Early Years settings
- Venues for families (including zoos)
The webinar is designed to support you to develop and deliver events in person and virtually. The Family Learning Festival is co-ordinated by the Campaign for Learning, the organisation that aims to build a culture of learning everywhere.